Wednesday, February 24, 2010

aDIORable!

Sorry Tavi... I hope you don't mind, but I stole your picture!
Tavi has credited this picture to Cafe Mode and Grazia.

I first saw Tavi featured in an article in a glossy a while back.
All I knew was that she was the tiniest new BIG name in the blogger cyber world.
I was curious and left myself a mental note:
-google tavi
I never got around to it.  A few weeks ago, I saw her featured on television.
She was collaborating with Rodarte and was traipsing around
during the fashion shows interviewing designers and big names in fashion.
Needless to say... she was adorable and smart!

I finally googled her name today.
After one look at her blog, I confess, I am hooked.
Her posts are interesting and her comments make me laugh!
Now, for the most part, I am a minimalist dying to be a maximalist inside.
I like clean and simple lines but will sport unique pieces now and then or maybe
a strange shoe.

Well, Tavi is one powerful pixie...
She makes me want to dress more quirky and makes me think,
'Hey, if a 13 year old has that much confidence and creative power, why the hell can't I?'
I'll tell you why.  It's because I'm chicken shit, and I'm a grown up, and I care way too
much about what people think!
Well... as my good neighbor says, "Piss on it!"
I'm going to be more daring and wear more of what I dream to wear.

I've been so busy lately, and I've hardly had time to chill out.
When I do, I will certainly be reading up on Tavi's adventures.
It's like Tavi in Wonderland.  What crazy episodes await her down the rabbit hole?  I'll only know if I read on.

Read with me!